- How can I move softly during this very long day?
- How can I regain my energy and return to effortless effort?
- How can I notice when it starts to feel like effort?
These were a few of my recent personal “How can I…” questions. Have you been feeling exhausted recently? You’re not alone. I hear so many people commenting about how tired they feel.
It’s easy to join the crowd and respond in agreement with some comment like, “Me too, I’ve been going non-stop.” We’ve learned that draining our energy is a precursor to illness. Who wants to go down that road?
I recently shared in the June issue of Wellspring Guideposts that over functioning has been my modus operandi. What I experienced this past week, however, was above the norm! Fortunately, I took a CalmUp® Journey and awoke from the stupor. I quickly shifted directions and let go of a time-consuming project. It felt so good to regain my energy and focus.
We may be inclined to remain stuck in a cycle of over-doing when those around us share the same experience. Therefore, when I catch myself starting to feel the least bit tense, I take a deep breath and say silently, “I’m chillin’!” Just because others around you may be shrillin’, doesn’t mean that you need to ride that wave.
IT’S ABOUT YOU:
- If you’ve found yourself caught in a tidal wave of overwhelm, what “How can I…” question can you ask to get afloat?
- Do your “free time” activities drain or lift your energy?
- If you’d like to join me in just chillin’, I’d love to hear how this simple shift works out for you.