When I take my own CalmUp® Journeys, there are several ways that I flourish and improve my rating of peace and joy.
Here are three pointers I’d like to share with you:
- Get off the road and go your own direction. For example, sometimes I’ll complete the majority of the left column (the first 6 levels and especially the left side of the back page) before I’m ready to dive into the right column. Other times, I may jump around and complete one level or question from one column before another.
- Use the left column of the back page as an arena to vent to yourself instead of your loved ones or coworkers. One way that I clear my own negative energy is to expand on each dark emotion that I listed in Level II. Specifically, I’ll rewrite that emotion on the left column of the back page and then list all of the reasons I’ve been feeling that way. By the time I complete my CalmUp® Journey, my concerns have typically resolved. Otherwise, I’m prepared to communicate assertively rather than aggressively.
- Be creative in how you use the right column of the back page. I often use the right column of the back page as a space to plan my day or to list the many things I need to do. My CalmUp® Journey then becomes part of my method of productivity. So go ahead, and use the right column of the back page to list, plan, and/or brainstorm your life, goals, and/or dreams.
Numerous other helpful tips are found in CalmUp® Journey: Your Daily Ascending Tool for Better Days.
IT’S ABOUT YOU:
- What’s your favorite way of completing your own CalmUp® Journey?
- How has taking a CalmUp® Journey improved your communication? Your relationship(s)?
- What questions do you still have about completing your Daily Ascending Tool™?